This work is in progress and will evolve over time. Our first report is expected later this year.
How are we proceeding?
- Looking at how WSDOT has used the transportation policy goals to make decisions
- Asking for feedback from transportation partners, including underserved and disadvantaged populations
- Reviewing WSDOT’s current tools and procedures
- Analyzing how WSDOT communicates with stakeholders, including underrepresented people
- Recommending small improvements in project evaluation, to better inform legislative decisions
What are the anticipated outcomes?
WSDOT will produce a final report for the Legislature and the Governor. The report will include:
- Guidance for transparency and alignment between the transportation policy goals and project evaluation
- Explanations for how a new way to evaluate would address issues raised by legislators and stakeholders
- Major steps of project evaluation, including external communications and stakeholder engagement
- Outstanding issues to resolve
- A process to test and refine project evaluation, including steps to reach alignment on unresolved issues